Jackfruit Tacos with Pineapple Salsa

This is important. DRAIN YOUR CANNED JACKFRUIT AND THEN USE A TOWEL TO SQUEEZE OUT ALL OF THE LIQUID. Proceed. 



I know a lot of people boil theirs to get out the canned taste, but I think that makes the fruit too slimy. Here's what I do. 

After draining and drying, spread out the jackfruit onto a cookie sheet and cook on 300 degrees until it's drier and some bits look a little brown. I seasoned mine w/ sazon first, but you do you. (NOT GOYA BRAND! I'm still boycotting!)

Sauté the jackfruit in olive oil on medium-highish heat until bits are crispy and yummy. I don't know why, but it doesn't taste dry. It just has the consistency of lean chicken. (And I know non-veegs hate when I say this, but it really is comparable.) 

I fried up some corn tortillas, stuffed them w/ jackfruit, avocado, caramelized onions and pineapple salsa. 

The salsa doesn't even really warrant a recipe. It was just canned non-sweet pineapple chunks, cilantro, lime juice, red onion, jalapeno, salt & pepper. 

The green sauce on the plate is Cholula. I grilled some corn on a cast iron, hit it with Tajin and called it good. 

Love & Lentils! 







Comments

Popular Posts