Edamame Truffle Dumplings


Quick story. I went to True Food Kitchen recently and ordered the edamame truffle dumplings after asking the dude twice if he was sure they were vegan. He was sure. (This was my dumb mistake for quickly seeing the V as vegan, and not vegetarian. By the way vegetarians, pick a side!) 

I ate all 5 up in record time and wanted to order another plate. They were seriously the most delicious dumplings I've ever had. (Full disclosure, I haven't had that many dumplings. I'm welcome to a challenge if you have suggestions.) 

After lapping up the plate, the guy came up and sheepishly told me that he misspoke and the dumplings contained eggs. 


I was livid, but he was just so sweet that I forgave him and vowed to veganize the recipe at home. Oh, and I also very nicely Karen'd and wrote True Food when I got home to ask them why on earth a very easy vegan dish was not vegan. I got a ridiculous and dismissive answer. That's what I get for being a Karen. (Albeit a super nice one - with non-sarcastic smiley emojis). 

Anyway, here's what I did. 

Stuffed vegan wonton wrappers with 1 tsp of this blend I processed in the food processor: 
12 ounces shelled edamame 
4 cloves garlic 
1 tsp ground ginger 
1/3 cup scallions 
1/2 tsp white truffle oil
1 tsp white miso paste 
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce 

Carefully placed dumplings in this broth: 
2 cups vegetable broth 
1/2 cup water 
1 tsp white truffle oil 
1 tsp soy sauce (maybe a dash more as I tasted it. I can't remember) 

Garnished w/ cilantro, sesame seeds and more edamame 
Ate that bowl up like nobody's business, thinking of that condensing True Food lady who didn't answer my easy and nice question. 

Byeeeee 


Comments

Popular Posts