Butternut Squash, Kale & Dried Cranberry Pizza with White Sauce

This pizza is like a warm hug on a cold winter's day. I could wax poetic about it all day, but let me just tell you how I made it so you can make it yourself and feel the feels. All the feels. Here's what you'll need: Pizza crust (8 or 10 inch) Roasted butternut squash Sauteed dinosaur kale Dried cranberries Carmelized onions Dash of ground sage White sauce: 1/2 block of tofu 1 tablespoon white miso paste 1 tablespoon tajini 1/4 cup lemon juice 2 garlic cloves Dash of nutmeg Here's what I did: I roasted about of cup of frozed butternut squash, 2 cloves of sliced garlic and a few slices of sweet onion in olive oil, sprinkled with pink salt. Oven was set on 325 and I baked about 20 minutes. I set that aside and turned oven up to 500. I stretched out some store-bought pizza dough with olive oil and sprinkled it with garlic powder. In a large cast iron skillet, I fried the dough on medium-highish heat on both sides until I saw bubbles. Set aside. In a food processor, I processed the white sauce ingredients until smooth. In the same skillet I used for the crust, I quickly sauteed some chopped dinosaur kale. (About 7-8 leaves) Next, I smeared the crust with the white sauce and topped it with the squash, kale, onions and garlic. Baked for about 10 minutes Topped it cranberries and a drizzle of olive oil and Calabrian pepper flakes. That's it! Love & Leeks, T.

Comments

Popular Posts