This pizza is pizza'in!




Short and sweet. Do yourself a solid and pick up Miyoko's liquid vegan mozzarella. I found mine at Sprouts after (not even kidding) weeks of calling and asking them to please restock it. It was $6.99 and the bottle makes roughly 4, 10 inch pies. You have to cook the cheese on 500 degrees. 

You're playing yourself if you're still out here eating cow's cheese! 

Here's what I did. 

I'm no pizza maker by any stretch of the dough. haha. I always just buy dough and jazz it up a bit. Onward. So I preheated oven to 500
Bought premade pizza dough from Kroger
Sectioned it into 4 circles and stretched it out using olive oil
Sprinkled it w/ garlic powder. 
In a cast iron skillet, I fried both sides in olive oil on medium high-heat. 
Cooked up some Impossible Sausage - Spicy 
Seasoned the sausage with sweet onion slices, Calabrian pepper flakes, fennel seeds, poultry seasoning, garlic and onion powder 
Hit the crusts w/ Rao's pizza sauce 
Added the sausage, sliced and seeded poblanos, black olives 
Drizzled a thin layer of Miyoko's all around the pizza 
Cooked for 10 minutes and then checked every 2 minutes until the cheese was browned in spots 
Took it out, hit it w/ basil, Follow Your Heart vegan parmesan, a drizzle of olive oil and more pepper flakes 
Ate with shock and disbelief that I was eating vegan cheese and enjoying the heck out of it.

Side note: I've said many times that I live with the pickiest boy in the world. This is a quote from said boy: "Wait. Was that vegan? That was delicious! I was not ready!" 

Good looking out, Miyoko.



Comments

Popular Posts